BASE helps One Tam provide additional outreach!
Heavy demand for the existing Roving Ranger has limited its availability, so the Tamalpais Lands Collaborative (TLC) asked BASE to design and build a new Roving Ranger just for Mt. Tam to help support a wealth of new OneTam outreach opportunities.
The OneTam Ranger operates much like the Roving Ranger, allowing staff and volunteers to dispense maps, trail guides, program information, and friendly advice on how people can make the most of their visit. The truck includes a number of unique features original to the OneTam Ranger:
• A 3-D topographic model of Mt. Tam and surrounding communities
• A pull-down map of the mountain
• Additional storage space for books and brochures about natural and cultural resources
• A sound system and furnishings
• Instant-photo cameras for picture-perfect park selfies
• An on-board spigot for filling bottles—a nod to the mountain’s watersheds and the Marin Municipal Water District
You can find the One Tam Ranger roaming around Marin County, helping to further promote and share opportunities for the community to get involved with stewardship efforts on Mt. Tamalpais.
Status: Completed and Constructed
Location: Mount Tamalpias State Park, California
Tamalpais Lands Collaborative (TLC) / client
National Parks Service / client
California State Parks / client
Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy / client
Marin County Parks / client
Marin Municipal Water District / client
BASE Landscape Architecture / design + build
SuperFab / CNC routing
L Studio / exterior graphic design
Custom Vehicle Wraps / vehicle wrap install